Ultra AFRICA Race
13 – 17 November 2022
Discover Mozambique, hidden treasure of southern Africa
The Ultra AFRICA Race will take place in Southern Mozambique, in the provinces of Gaza and Inhambane. The route will take you from the shores of Lake Nhambavale to Jangamo Beach. You will discover coconut trees forests, lakes and numerous villages nestled in the dunes facing the ocean. Moreover, the itinerary will allow you to discover Mozambique’s long white sandy beaches.
220 km at the gateway to the Indian Ocean
The Ultra AFRICA Race is a 220 km foot race in 5 stages, with 3600 meters of positive elevation in food self-Sufficiency. Each competitor must carry a backpack containing the compulsory equipment, food and personal equipment.
Participants must follow the route as marked by the organizers and indications of the map given before the race. There are check points located at regular intervals. Every night a bivouac is organized by our team. A technical support and a medical team are present during the whole event.
Competitors who cannot respect the limit time (10 hours per stage), can stay in the race. They will be classified according to the kilometers they ran during the event.
Save thes dates
Friday 11 November 2022
- 8:30 am: Appointment at the Pestana Rovuma Hotel in Maputo
- 9 am: Transfer from Maputo to Chidenguele (7 hours drive)
- 4 pm: Check-in at the Nhambavale Lodge
- 7pm: Dinner together & overnight at the lodge
Saturday 12 November 2022
- 8 am: Breakfast all together at the lodge
- 10 am: Administrative, technical and medical checks
- 1 pm: Lunch all together and free afternoon
- 6 pm: Pre-race briefing
- 7 pm: Dinner together & overnight at the lodge
Sunday 13 November 2022
Stage 1: 38 km / 657 mD+ / 618 mD- / 10 hours
Monday 14 November 2022
Stage 2: 37 km / 794 mD+ / 821 mD- / 10 hours
Thursday 15 November 2022
Stage 3: 45 km / 803 mD+ / 815 mD- / 10 hours
Wednesday 16 November 2022
Stage 4: 53 km / 807 mD+ / 774 mD- / 10 hours
Thursday 17 November 2022
Stage 5: 47 km / 591 mD+ / 657 mD- / 10 hours
Check-in at the hotel on the afternoon
7 pm: Dinner & overnight at the hotel
Friday 18 November 2022
- 8 am: Breakfast all together at the hotel
- 11 am: Award ceremony, lunch & free afternoon
- 7 pm: Dinner together & overnight at the hotel
Saturday 19 November 2022
- 7:30 am: Breakfast at the hotel
- 9 am: Transfer from Jangamo to Maputo (9 hours drive)
⇒ PESTANA ROVUMA HOTEL
Address: Rua da Sé n°114, 4376 Maputo.
Phone number: (+25) 88 46 09 07 43
⇒ Maputo International Airport
(Code AITA : MPM, Code OACI : FQMA)
Send us a message specifying the race (s) from which you wish to receive Event Information. This document includes the itinerary of the event, the list of compulsory equipment and information to sign-up.
The Ultimate Challenge