Canal Aventure builds its history at the rate of the events it organizes since 2010. From one continent to another, we are not satisfied with the affordable but always try to go further in order to satisfy the participants and our partners while respecting our values. Rigor, adaptability and surpassing oneself are our watchwords. Discover the highlights of Canal Aventure’s history below.
2010, The beginning of the adventure... The big leap
- May 2010 – First inspection trip in Northern Territory to discover the Australian outback.
- October 2010 – Meeting with Aboriginal communities to introduce our project and get permissions.
2011, First event: THE TRACK
- May 2011 – Canal Aventure organized the first edition of THE TRACK in Australia.
2012, Bound for Asia and Africa with two news events
- January 2012 – Canal Aventure organized the first edition of the Ultra INDIA Race in Kerala region (South India).
- November 2012 – We organized the first edition of the Ultra AFRICA Race in Northern Cameroon.
2014, Birth of the Roadsign Continental Challenge
- For the first year, the 5 events of the Continental Challenge are scheduled.
- Roadsign, partner of Canal Aventure give his name to the Continental Challenge. The Continental Challenge is naming Roadsign Continental Challenge.
- June 2014 – First edition of the Ultra BOLIVIA Race.
- November 2014 – Cancellation of the Ultra AFRICA Race in Burkina Faso due to insecurity in the country following the presidential election.
2015, Tommy Chen, first runner to win the Roadsign Continental Challenge
- Tommy Chen (Taiwan) became the first runner winner of the Roadsign Continental Challenge.
- The Argentinian runner Juan Ricardo Ferrero finished second in the Continental Challenge but became the first runner to successfully complete all the Challenge events.
2016, From India to Vietnam
- The Ultra INDIA Race becomes the Ultra ASIA Race. The Asian series of the Continental Challenge settles in Vietnam.
- Pedro Vera Jimenez, Venezuelan runner, wins the 2016 Roadsign Continental Challenge.
2017, Year of the Woman
- The fourth edition of the Ultra AFRICA Race takes place for the first time in Mozambique.
- Italian Ita Marzotto becomes the first woman to win the Roadsign Continental Challenge.
2018 - 2019, The recognition of the Roadsign Continental Challenge
- Canal Aventure events are recognized and appreciated for having adopted a different positioning, preferring sharing to competition, travel to performance.
- Success of the Roadsign Continental Challenge, 5 windows open to the world around us.
- These two years there Gurkan Açiköz, Turkish diabetic Type 1 rider, won the Roadsign Continental Challenge. He becomes the first rider to win the Continental Challenge twice.