18 – 27 May 2022
520 km in the Namib desert
The Namib Desert
THE TRACK Namibia takes place in southern Namibia, between the Swakop River in the Erongo region and the Sossusvlei dunes in the Namib-Naukluft National Park. The itinerary will first introduce you to the Valley of the Moon and its multiple canyons shaped by erosion for hundreds of millions of years, to give it this aspect of the lunar surface.
The route will then continue through Namib-Naukluft Park. Runners will enjoy crossing the Gaub pass and the Kuiseb pass. Folded shale geological formation through which the Kuiseb river has carved an impressive canyon. This river marks the boundary between the huge northern rocky plains and the southern sea of sand.
After having crossed the tropic of Capricorn between the two passes, we will continue the route towards the south and the lands of Solitaire, a small town in central Namibia. The last part of the race will take us to Sesriem and the Sossusvlei dunes, one of the most spectacular places in southern Africa.
520 km in Namibia
THE TRACK Namibia is a foot race of 520 km in 9 stages (10 days of competition) and in food self-sufficiency. Each competitor must carry a backpack containing the compulsory equipment, food and personal equipment. The event takes place in Southern Namibia.
The participants must follow the route as marked by the organizers and indications of the map given before the race. There are check points located at regular intervals. Every night a bivouac is organized by our teams. A technical support and a medical team are present during the event.
Competitors who cannot respect the limit time (10 hours) can stay in the race. They will be classified according to the kilometers they ran during the event.
Save the dates
Monday 16 May 2022
- 11 am: Meeting at the hotel of the organization
- Transfer from Windhoek to the departure camp (4 hours drive)
- 3 pm: Installation at the camp
- 7 pm: Dinner & night in a bivouac
Tuesday 17 May 2022
- 8 am: Breakfast on the bivouac
- 9 am: Administrative, technical and medical checks
- 12 pm: Lunch at the bivouac and free afternoon
- 6 pm: Briefing with the participants
- 7 pm: Dinner & overnight in bivouac
Wednesday 18 May 2022 - Stage 1
- Stage 1 from the Moon Valley to Swakop River camp
- 37 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Thursday 19 May 2022 - Stage 2
- Stage 2 from Swakop River camp to Bloedkoppe
- 70 km / Time limit: 12 hours
Friday 20 May 2022 - Stage 3
- Stage 3 from Bloedkoppe to La Piste
- 42,5 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Saturday 21 May 2022 - Stage 4
- Stage 4 from La Piste to Ganab camp
- 42,5 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Sunday 22 May 2022 - Stage 5
- Stage 5 from Ganab camp to Alruvlei camp
- 39 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Monday 23 May 2022 - Stage 6
- Stage 6 from Alruvlei camp to the Tropic of Capricorn
- 55 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Tuesday 24 May 2022 - Stage 7
- Stage 7 from the Tropic of Capricorn to Solitaire
- 46 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Wednesday 25 May 2022 - Stage 8
- Stage 8 from Solitaire to Naukluftberge
- 51 km / Time limit: 10 hours
Thursday 26 & Friday 27 May 2022 - Stage 9
- Stage 9 from Naukluftberge to Sesriem
- 137 km / Time limit: 35 hours
- On the 27 May in the afternoon: Check-In at the hotel
- 7 pm: Dinner & overnight at the hotel
Saturday 28 May 2022
- 8 am: Breakfast at the hotel
- 11 am: Awards ceremony & rest of the day free
- Night at the hotel
Sunday 29 May 2022
- 8:00 am: Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer from Sesriem to Windhoek (5 hours drive)
⇒ Avani Windhoek Hotel & Casino
Address: 129 Independence Ave, Gustav Voigts Centre, Windhoek, Namibia.
Phone number: +264 61 280 0000
⇒ Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport.
(code IATA : WDH • code OACI : FYWH)
Frequently asked Questions
What equipment are compulsory for THE TRACK Namibia?
- Backpack x1
- Sleeping bag x1
- Lighter x1
- Compass x1
- Knife (min. blade: 3,5 cm) x1
- Signalling mirror x1
- Whistle x1
- Survival blanket x1
- Headlamp x2
- Additional batteries x4
- Kit to cook & to eat x1
- Solid fuel tablets x20
- Medical pocket for the first aid x1
- Salt tablets x20
- Bidons of 1 liter each x2
- Bag with food (5 days of competition) x2
How will I be able to orient myself on the course?
Participants must imperatively follow the course provided by the organization under penalty of penalty. The course will be marked by the organization team. In addition, before departure, participants will have a map with the route, distances, directions to follow as well as the particularities of the course. The absence of a card during the event will result in a penalty.
How will we be accommodated during the event?
During the race the participants sleep in tents (two people per tent).
How to join the group in Windhoek?
Registration fees do not include air tickets. Participants must individually manage transport (plane and airport transfer) to reach the meeting point with the group. Participants must be on Monday May 16 at the Avani Windhoek Hotel in downtown Windhoek.
How do I validate my registration?
To register for THE TRACK Namibia, we ask you to send us the registration form duly completed and signed. This document can be sent by mail or email. You must also send us a copy of your passport, a repatriation insurance certificate. Finally, to confirm your registration, you must pay the deposit.-> Entry fees details
What is the deadline to register?
There is no deadline to register for THE TRACK Namibia.
5 Ultramarathons sur 5 Continents, une aventure sportive et humaine unique qui valorise la performance, la régularité et la polyvalence.