21 – 25 November 2021
After the Ultra ASIA Race in Vietnam, I decided continue the challenge with Canal aventure. I’ve finished my second challenge in Mozambique with the Ultra AFRICA Race. Canal Aventure is a life experience and a great organization. Jerome and his staff manage to creat unique events with a particular charm. Jérôme always leaves his mark… who gets into his races can not live without. I was blind before… now I see life with different eyes thanks Jerome. For me Canal Aventure is a journey inside of myself.
The registrations are open to the Ultra AFRICA Race 2021.
To register for this event, please complete our Registration Form. You should then pay the deposit to confirm your place. The balance of the entry fee is due 100 days before the event. You must send also a copy of your passport and a copy of your insurance repatriation. An Official Medical Certificate must be downloaded and an ECG performed less than 30 days prior to the race must be signed by a GP confirming that you are cleared to take part in this event. These original documents, dated and signed, must be presented during the medical check before the race.
1 900 Euros - Registration before the 21/05/2021
Deposit: 1 100 Euros Balance due no later than 100 days before the event: 800 Euros
2 300 Euros - Registration starting the 21/05/2021
Deposit: 1 100 Euros Balance due no later than 100 days before the event: 1 200 Euros
Entry fees includes:
- International staff and medical support throughout event,
- Bus transfer pre-race: Maputo to Chidenguele,
- Bus transfer post-race: Jangamo to Maputo,
- 4 nights of hotel accommodation ( 2 nights pre-event at Chidenguele and 2 nights post-event at Jangamo),
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners pre-race,
- 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners post-race,
- Accommodation for the duration of the race,
- Bottles of water for the duration of the race,
- Finisher’s medal, Finisher’s tee-shirt and race number.
You may pay via Euro check (1) or bank wire transfer (2).
(1) Make a check out to “The Track Organisation” and mail it to: The Track Organisation – 21 Rue du Contrat Social – 76 000 Rouen – FRANCE
(2) If paying by bank wire transfer, send an email to: email@example.com and we’ll provide bank wire instructions.
If notice of cancellation is received 100 days or more before event, you will receive a refund of the total fees you have paid less 600 Euros. No fees will be refunded for any cancellation received less than 100 days before an event.
– RULE & REGULATION –
ARTICLE 1: THE ORGANIZER
The Ultra AFRICA Race is a sporting event organized by The Track Organisation (T.T.O). In conformity with the French legislation, T.T.O. is registered like Travel agency in the Atout France Organization. T.T.O. has a legal professional insurance and a legal financial security deposit.
ARTICLE 2: CONCEPT
The Ultra AFRICA Race is a 220 km foot race with 5 stages and in Self-Supported. Each competitors must carry a backpack containing their compulsory equipments, food and personal equipments. The participants must follow the route as marked by the organizers and they have a road book or a map. The Ultra AFRICA Race takes place from 21 to 25 November 2021, in Mozambique, Africa.
ARTICLE 3: PROGRAM
The Ultra AFRICA Race takes place from 21 to 25 November 2021, in Mozambique, Africa. 19 November: Appointment at 9 am at Maputo, bus transfer from Maputo to Chidenguele. 20 November: Competitor Check-In, including administrative, medical and equipment review. From 21 to 25 November: The race, Self-Supported. 26 November: Day off, Award Ceremony. 27 November: Bus transfer from Jangamo to Maputo. The Track Organisation reserves the right to modify the rules and conditions of the Ultra AFRICA Race, the details of the race, the route of the race, including the destination, in case of forces beyond our control or if it is necessary for the security of the group.
ARTICLE 4: ENTRY CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITORS
The Ultra AFRICA Race is open to any person over 18 years of age, of any nationality who accepts the rules and the conditions of the race. An Official Medical Certificate and a resting ECG report are obligatory and must be dated no more than 30 days before the start or the race, i.e. after 21 October 2021. The registration fees must be paid by the participant before the event.
ARTICLE 5: Pre-Race CHECK-IN
The administrative, technical and medical check will take place on the 7 November 2020. Participants must meet all the administrative and technical requirements (ART.16 and 17). Any participant not meeting all required conditions may be excluded from the race without refund of any fees paid.
ARTICLE 6: LIMIT TIME & RANKING BY KILOMETER
Departures for each stage will be grouped. Participants must start at the time indicated by the organization. The limit time per stage is 10 hours. An official time-keeper will take down the daily order of arrival for each competitor. If a participant is outside time limit or whether to stop running at a checkpoint, it will be able to start again the next day if the medical staff gives favorable opinion. In this case the competitor remains in the overall standings and will necessarily be classified after competitors who will be classified by time. The classification per kilometer is achieved by the accumulated of kilometers running during all the competition.
ARTICLE 7: MARKING & ROAD BOOK
ARTICLE 8: CHECKPOINT & BIVOUAC
ARTICLE 9: WATER SUPPLY
The provisional breakdown, per day, is a follow:
• 2 liters before the departure
• 4 liters during the race
• 4 liters at the arrival
Each participant must manage his/her own daily water intake based on the programmed water distribution times/places. Water will not be supplied at any other times.
ARTICLE 10: PENALTIES & DISQUALIFICATION
• Missing document at administrative checks prior the event,
• Use of a transportation during the competition,
• Failure to respect security instruction from the organizer,
• Behavior judged by the organization to be disrespectful and/or dangerous to the group or the environment.
Reason for penality – Penality of 3 hours:
• Failure to respect the weight of the backpack,
• Missing compulsory equipments,
• No road book or no map of the itinerary.
Reason for penality – Penality of 2 hours:
• Failure to follow the markings (2 hours + time saved),
• Failure to control at a checkpoint,
• Failure to respect of the environment.
Reason for penality – Penality of 1 hour:
• Failure to respect ID markings and/or their positioning (ID and/or patches),
• Receiving of extra food or extra water.
Reason to be in the results by kilometers:
• Exceeding maximum allowed time on a stage,
• Exceeding out of time at a checkpoint,
• Competitor who received a perfusion but with a positive medical validation to continue the competition.
ARTICLE 11: ABANDONED
Several options are available to participants who wish to withdraw from the race:
• In the case of a serious physical condition, repatriation may be arranged immediately,
• A participant who is in an adequate physical condition but wishes to withdraw may elect to be driven to the final finish line, having signed an official The Track Organisation discharge form. This option is dependent on feasibility at the time. Lodging and meals are at the competitor’s own expense. Or the competitor can be transported by the organization every morning from the starting point to the evening’s campsite.
ARTICLE 12: RANKING
ARTICLE 13: REWARDS
ARTICLE 14: MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
ARTICLE 15: NEUTRALIZATION, MODIFICATION & CANCELLATION
ARTICLE 16: COMPULSORY EQUIPMENT
Each entrant must provide his/her own food for 5 days. Each competitor must have 2 000k/calories per day, that is to say a minimum of 10 000k/calories, otherwise he/she will be penalized. Gas stoves are strictly forbidden.
- Sleeping bag,
- Knife (minimum blade of 3,5 cm),
- Mirror (at least 6 cm of diameter),
- Survival blanket (2,20 x 1,40 m),
- Led Headlamp with batteries and bulbs,
- Utensils to cook,
- Solid fuel tablets,
- Medical pocket for the first aid,
- Salt tablets or similar,
- 2 water bidons of 1 liter each (or similar but with a total of 2 liters).
EQUIPMENT GIVEN BY ORGANIZATION
- A road book or a map,
- ID number.
ARTICLE 17: ENROLMENT
Entry fees are 1 900 Euros if registering before the May 21st, 2021 (Without air transport). A deposit of 1 100 Euros is required to secure a place with the balance due 100 days before the start of the race. Entry fees are 2 600 Euros starting May 21st, 2021 (Without air transport). A deposit of 1 100 Euros is required to secure a place with the balance due 100 days before the start of the race. Entry fees included: • International staff and medical support throughout event • Bus transfer pre-race: Maputo to Chidenguele • Bus transfer post-event: Jangamo to Maputo • 4 nights of hotel accommodation (2 nights pre-event at Chidenguele and 2 nights post-event at Jangamo) • 2 pre-race breakfasts, 2 pre-race lunches and 2 pre-race dinners • 2 post-race breakfasts and 2 post-race dinners • Accommodation for the race • Bottle water for the duration of the race • Finisher’s medal, Finisher’s tee-shirt and race number To register for this event, please complete our Registration Form. You should then pay the deposit to confirm your place. The balance of the entry fee is due 100 days before the event. You must send also a copy of your passport and a copy of your insurance repatriation. An Official Medical Certificate must be downloaded and an ECG performed less than 30 days prior to the race must be signed by a GP confirming that you are cleared to take part in this event. These original documents, dated and signed, will be presented during the administrative and technical checks on 9 November 2019. If either of these documents is not provided, the competitor may be withdrawn from the race and will forfeit the entire race Entry fees. You may pay via € check (1) or bank wire transfer (2). (1) Make check out to “The Track Organisation” and send it at this address: The Track Organisation – 21 Rue du Contrat Social – 76 000 Rouen – FRANCE (2) If paying by bank wire transfer, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide bank wire instructions.
ARTICLE 18: CANCELLATION
ARTICLE 19: INSURANCES