26 – 28 July 2024
Return to the spirit of Trail in the Lyngen Alps
The Lyngen Alps
The Ultra NORWAY Race takes place in the north of Norway, 350 km north of the Arctic Circle. The start will be in the Lyngen Alps and the finish line will be on the waterfront of Tromsø, the city of adventurers.
Participants will discover surprising and magical scenes, while crossing landscapes of high mountains dotted with prevalent blue fjords. On the last kilometers, the competitors will see the Arctic Cathedral and cross the iconic Tromsø Bridge with stunning views over the city.
In July, we will benefit of the midnight sun and we will see the beautiful scenery of northern Norway in the dazzling Arctic brightness.
140 km non-stop
The Ultra NORWAY Race is a non-stop foot race of 140 km, alone or by team of 2 runners, with 9000 meters of positive and negative elevation. Competitors are semi self-supported. Each competitor must carry a backpack containing the compulsory equipment, food and personal equipment.
Competitors must follow the GPS tracks given by the organization. There are checkpoints at regular intervals: the two members of the team must be controlled together.
The limit time to cover the entire distance is 48 hours. To be authorized to continue the event, runners have to respect the time limits for passing through the various checkpoints. A technical support and a medical team are present during the whole event.
Save the dates
Thursday 25 July 2024
- 8 am: Appointment at the Scandic Ishavshotel in Tromsø
- 9 am: Transfer from Tromsø to Lyngseidet (3 hours drive)
- 2 pm: Installation at the Magic Mountain Lodge in Lyngseidet
- 3 pm: Administrative, technical and medical checks
- 7 pm: Dinner all together & overnight at the lodge
Friday 26 July 2024
- 8 am: Breakfast all together at the lodge
- 11 am: Transfer from Lyngseidet to the race start point
- 12 pm: Start of the Ultra NORWAY Race
- 140 km / 9000 mD + / 9000 mD- / 48 hours
From the Friday 26 to Sunday 28 July 2024
The arrival of the Ultra NORWAY Race takes place on the seafront in the city of Tromsø. The time limit to cover the race route is 48 hours. Upon arrival, participants can check into the Ishavshotel.
- 24 July at 12 pm: End of the Ultra NORWAY Race
- Free afternoon and award ceremony
- 7 pm: Dinner together & overnight at the hotel
Monday 29 July 2024
- 8 am: Breakfast together at the hotel
- Transfer to airport according to flight schedules
⇒ SCANDIC ISHAVSHOTEL
Address: Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Tromsø, Norway.
Phone number: (+47) 77 66 64 00
⇒ Tromsø International Airport
(Code AITA : TOS, Code OACI : ENTC)
Send us a message specifying the race (s) from which you wish to receive Event Information. This document includes the itinerary of the event, the list of compulsory equipment and information to sign-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Work in progress…
The Ultimate Challenge